The most important video game trade show in the world warms up in Los Angeles. For two years, companies have been revitalized and the E3 2011 pending the arrival of thousands of critics, journalists and bloggers hungry for news: We expect great things
Nintendo and its “Project Café ‘
No more waiting, the presentation of the next generation Wii console, the best selling of his generation. On Tuesday we will know what the rumored “Project Café ” is, with which the Japanese company literally plays it. What a golden opportunity has to be to present a console with graphics to match the competition, but does not give up on what made it successful.
machine for everybody for the entire family. There are many questions: will it incorporate touch controls inspired by its handhelds ? A camera, perhaps? At the moment, there are clues: very recently a “filter” a document that could be on track.
On the other hand, we expect Nintendo to squeeze all the possibilities of the 3D world in which the brand has embarked the 3DS, something it has not been able to do. There are many expectations about the 3DS, Super Mario, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda (happy 25th birthday, BTW) and Mario Kart.
Microsoft, a mystery
Two years ago, Microsoft broke the event by presenting Kinect (then named Natal) and announced that “command is yours.” Not only made headlines with its “control without a controller “, but raised the bar for the presentations. Last year, it disappointed with their presentation and the batch of games listed for Kinect. The ‘show’ Cirque du Soleil was the best example: much ado about very little, nuts. However, this year it looks different, and promises to be one of the most prolific in the history of Xbox 360.
On the one hand we see first games for gamers that take advantage of the ability of Kinect, second from the highest levels of the Seattle company says is not one, not two, but several large exclusives to revitalize its market for the next year. Of course, there will be no signs of its next-generation console or portable gaming system. Therefore, a wild card but with high hopes.
Sony, or the shadow of ‘hacking’
While Microsoft enjoyed much media attention, Sony sought a way with the Move, and tried to jump on the bandwagon of controls on movement that gave such good results for years to Nintendo. This year they can ginger up, especially because their initial focus is placed on the dramatic problems following the attacks on their web sites and, above all, for the ‘hacking’ of PlayStation Network also the company, which also has been touched by the disaster at Fukushima.
This year their hopes are pinned on the new handheld NGP(or ‘Vita’, its official name), but the fact is that Sony should have some tricks up their sleeve to surprise. Will we see at least some advancement of a possible PlayStation 4? A time for that will surely happen , of course: its press event on Monday evening, will last five hours: one and a half is the presentation itself, another hour and a half of shows with hundreds of NGP (pardon, ‘Vitas ‘) and, finally, a small party.
Games: The most anticipated
- Halo: the tenth anniversary of the franchise from Xbox will not go unnoticed and promised the announcement of even two titles based on this franchise. It sounds hard on the HD remake of the original title and the fourth installment of the adventures of Master Chief.
- Gears of War 3: The big surprise of last E3 Microsoft is now a clear winner that promises to move beyond all that its predecessors tried. A sure bet will be top game at E3.
- Zelda Skyward Sword: The next Zelda adventure in what will be its last E3 as an eternal promise. On its shoulders rests the responsibility to serve a tribute to the 25 birthday of the first game of this character.
- Assassins Creed Revelations: Ezio has proven to be a safe bet and will be again be in his third adventure, this time in magical Istanbul. Again Assassins Creed has inflamed the minds of gamers.
- Battlefield 3: For the gaming community of internet gamers it has become one of the most anticipated titles. New graphics engine, destructible environments, realistic galore … Ready to fight face to face with the largest segment of the gaming action.
- Modern Warfare 3: Rain of details in the weeks before the event they foresee a new success of Infinity Ward. London, New York, Paris … Welcome to the third world war as never seen before.
- Uncharted 3: The limited news revealed of the third adventure of Nathan Drake have left the Playstation 3 players wanting to learn more about this highly anticipated sequel to one of the highest rated action games of 2009. The NGP version promises to be one of the most surprising titles of its first batch.